What is an iKad?
The iKad is an identification card for foreign students and can be used as a means of identification in Peninsular Malaysia. The iKad will only be issued after the Student Pass is endorsed in the passport. Please note that the iKad is not a replacement travel document.
Each iKad will contain the following information:
1. Student Photograph
2. Passport Number
3. Nationality of the student
4. Name of the student’s Institution
5. Duration of the Student Pass
How do I apply for an iKad?
The application for the iKad will be done at the time the new Visa Approval Letter application or Renewal application is made. A fee of RM50 is included in the application fees.
What happens if I lose or damage my iKad?
In the event that the iKad is lost or damaged, the following fees will apply:
– For Lost/Damaged iKad (1st request) – RM150
– For Lost/Damaged iKad (2nd request for the same student) – RM300
– For Lost/Damaged iKad (3rd request for the same student) – MYR 500
– Every subsequent loss/damage of iKad (after damaging/losing it 3 times) for the same student – MYR500 each request
– The iKad is issued to assist in identifying whether a student has a valid student pass and is to be presented upon request.
– The iKad is non-transferable. No one other than the authorised student is permitted to use it.
– The student is responsible for paying any replacement fee when an iKad is lost or damaged.
– The student should notify his/her education institution immediately if the iKad is lost.
– Please note that the student will be required to submit a police report to their institute in order to apply for iKad replacement.
– If the student withdraws from their study, they should return the iKad to the institution.
Thanks God my Val is ready for collection
Thanks God my Val is ready for collection today