Travel to Malaysia

According to the rules and regulations of the Malaysian Immigration Department, all international students (full-time and foreign exchange students) are required to have a valid Student Pass in order to study in Malaysia. The government agencies responsible for this process are the Malaysian Immigration Department and the overseas Malaysian diplomatic missions (Malaysian High Commission, Consulates and Embassies).

The Visa requirements for a foreign student are simple and straightforward. Before you can begin your studies, you must apply for a Student Pass. This application is made by your chosen institution to Education Malaysia Global Services. Once you have successfully applied for a Student Pass you will have to get a single entry visa through the Malaysian Embassy or High Commission in your home country. EMGS cannot apply for this visa on your behalf. Please contact your local diplomatic mission. Entry visa requirements are set by the Department of Immigration.

Foreign students need to meet the following criteria:

  • Have an offer of study from a public or private institution of higher education.
  • Have the financial capability to meet the course fees and other expenses related to living and studying in Malaysia
  • Be in good health and of good character
  • Intend to reside in Malaysia for education purposes only

Traveling to Malaysia

You may enter Malaysia via land, sea or air.

Two Malaysian airlines, Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia, ensure accessibility through direct or transit flights from most parts of the world. A host of other international airlines also offer flight services to Malaysia.
You may also enter Malaysia by land through Thailand or Singapore as well as by sea through ports.

  1. Chinedu Solomon 7 years ago

    How much is Malaysia flat from Nigeria

  2. Anas Abudaqa 6 years ago

    But I have one of my friend who’s doing PhD (by research) part time as long distance learning student and he’s research is conduct in his home country and he goes to see his supervisor for 2 weeks per semester .. he’s using the social pass as he don’t stay there more than 14 days is this normal situation

  3. md.setu md.setu 6 years ago


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

EMGS Mobile App sends all this cool content straight into your pocket. You should absolutely install it!
© 2021 EMGS. All Rights Reserved.

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account